Intel applicatives optimization
Intel manufactures some equipment for PDA, as processors and
Chips for wireless communication.
The Wireless Technology Group's work has been studding these
applicatives in order to increase its performance. This is
critical; therefore everything in the PDA classroom is more
limited than in the PCs.
In this work, the experimentation and study are essential,
because no tool solves all the problems and it haven't a methodology
that works in all the cases.
Intel Wireless Competence Network (WCN)
WCN (Wireless Competence Network) is a net of centers in wireless
technology ability formed by universities and P&D centers
that works in a collaborative way to the development of the
mobile solutions market in Brazil.
WCN has as an objective to speed up the adoption of mobile
solutions in Brazil, through:
- Promotion of mobile solutions close to the final users
through success cases, testimonials videos, seminaries,
- Advices and development of mobile solution projects or
- Optimization of mobile solutions;
- Evaluation of new wireless technologies and dissemination
to the industry;
- Development of new technologies to stimulate its use
in industry and development of experimental projects (tests
Integrable Systems Laboratory - Polytechnical School
Since 2003 the University of São Paulo is part of the
WCN, through the Integrable Systems Laboratory (LSI) of the
Polytechnical School, developing projects and optimizing applications
for companies who develop solutions based on Intel technology.
These projects use Intel software tools as C compilers, C++
multimedia and optimized libraries for the Xscale Intel technology(R).
We already optimized and developed applications for some
segments of the industry, as:
· Automatization of sale’s force;
· Localization software;
· JAVA virtual machine optimization;
· Applicative for wireless communication;
· Applicative for OCR (Optical Character Recognition),
If your company has interests in participating and wants to
get more information about the program, contact us
Phone (011) 3091 5589